Miscarriage Update  

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wow. I never thought that I would write a post titled "Miscarriage Update"... but for those that care... that's exactly what this post is going to be.

I went to the Dr. yesterday (I go to a group practice and you typically don't see the same Dr. two times in a row.) Yesterday I met a new Dr. (she's not new... just new to me) and I have to say in the sad and stressful situation we are in, she was wonderful. She really put my mind at ease about what was happening... that it DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN. She said I have an excellent chance of my next pregnancy being healthy and full-term.

I realize that in the future BFP's will never look quite the same, the pure excitement will likely be shrouded with shades of fear and doubt... but the mathematical chances of this not happening again are in my favor.

I still believe that God will only give me what I can handle... and I'm handling this. The moment that I actually said aloud "I release you to God" was a freeing moment for me and since then I have felt a deep peace come over me. I am of course still sad... but I am hopeful.

Thanks again for your support... it means so much.

"Baby Dust" to all the TTC couples.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


1 comments: to “ Miscarriage Update

  • legaleagle2009
    September 9, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

    I am so glad you had a positive experience with your dr. I have bene thinking about you and glad that you are dealing with the best you can. I frequent the boards on whattoexpect.com and many ladies have a counter box from here:

    http://counters.families.com/

    (the second one)

    I don't know if you are ready for something like this but I thought it was a great way for women to always remember. I hope this isn't too forward, I can't imagine how you are feeling so I would hate for anything I say to come across as insensitive.

    Take care!