The First "After-Hours" Call to the Dr.  

Saturday, September 6, 2008

So I made my first "after-hours" call to my OBGYN group last night. I was traveling and on a layover noticed a brown discharge.... aghhh... I totally freaked. My mind immediately went to the worst. I was exhausted from traveling for work and concerned that I had overexerted myself and done something wrong to my baby.

I called the answering service and the Dr. on call returned my call within minutes. Luckily she said that I shouldn't be too concerned. As long as I wasn't seeing bright red blood, my body was probably just getting rid of "old" blood.

Still it was disconcerting and I've imposed a sort of loose "bed-rest" on myself for the weekend. Figuring that if I take it easy over the weekend, get lots of rest and good food and still am having any icky discharge on Monday I can call the Dr.'s office and set up an appt. for early in the week.

So far my other symptoms include sore tatas, occasional cramping that I think might be my uterus stretching and fatigue.

~CravingBaby

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


1 comments: to “ The First "After-Hours" Call to the Dr.

  • Anonymous
    September 7, 2008 at 6:20 AM  

    Hi CB- so do you travel pretty frequently for work? I will probably need to fly for work 3 or 4 times in my 1st trimester... was wondering if you did any internet research on what the consensus is on whether flying during the 1st trimester increases risk of miscarriage? I tried reading up on it- seems to suggest that there is no real support for that claim. I know that unless you are high risk most doctors will say its perfectly fine I'm just still a bit nervous. I hope its just an old wives tale; but - there's an idea for you for a future post!