Where Has All the Motivation Gone?  

Saturday, July 12, 2008

UPDATE: I ate seven of the 12 chocolate chip cookies I baked this afternoon. SEVEN! The DH and I are supposed to have dinner with friends tonight. I will most certainly be skipping dessert. Unless it is something very very good.

It's already mid-day on Saturday and I have yet to really accomplish anything. Where has all the motivation gone? Typically I'd have all sorts of things done by now... but today I've spent all day on the couch watching re-runs of Project Runway on Bravo. I was up and at 'em by 8:30am... a respectable time for a childless gal and proceeded to not go to yoga, not make a Saturday worthy breakfast and not clean the bathrooms.

Worst of all... I am right now (as I type) waiting for the timer on the oven to go off. Have I gotten a head start on a fab dinner for my DH? Nope. I'm baking myself a whole tray of chocolate chip cookies!!! Pre-pregnancy was supposed to be my time to work out, get super healthy and ready to be the best home for my baby for it's 9months in my belly. Okay... so physically I'm in pretty good shape and my diet is generally pretty healthy (if your doubting me because of the choco chip cookies... STOP. You know you've done it too) but I didn't plan to have pre-pregnancy cravings. Woah!! Maybe I'm preggers? Here's hoping.

Ooops... there's the timer. It's cookie time.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ Where Has All the Motivation Gone?

  • Kelly
    July 12, 2008 at 3:13 PM  

    hi there..how's it going?

  • Wendy
    July 13, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

    I would have probably ate 9! lol This is one of the reasons why I don't bake all that often, unless it's for someone else. If I have anything chocolatey in the house I simply cannot resist! Ohh, I wish I had a big fat goooey chocolatey chip filled cookie! If only you could bake just one. lol