Jamie Lynn Tells OK! Magazine Her Pregnancy was Perfect  

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Celebumom Jamie Lynn Spears is going to be on the cover of OK! Magazine with her daughter, Maddie, and according to an article I read on the Huffington Post, she told the mag that her "pregnancy was perfect."

Now I don't want to harp on this story too much... but maybe it was "perfect" because she's 17! At 17 my body was in pretty good shape and probably could have handled a pregnancy and the recovery (minus the emotional strain) pretty well. Maybe it was perfect because she didn't have to worry about how she was going to pay for the expense of having a child.

I certainly hope that when I become pregnant, I can have a "perfect pregnancy"... but I also have "adult" responsibilities... unlike 17 year old Jamie. I've also had enough girlfriends go through morning sickness, miscarriages and out-o-whack hormones to know that pregnancy isn't always perfect.

I just can't help but worry that all this talk of her "perfect pregnancy" isn't going to give the 17 pregnant young women in Massachusetts (as well as countless other teenagers across the country) a false sense of security.

I'm up for the challenge of pregnancy (and parenthood) and I want it to be a beautiful experience... but I'm mature enough to know that it might not be "perfect"... just because Jamie Lynn's was.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


1 comments: to “ Jamie Lynn Tells OK! Magazine Her Pregnancy was Perfect

  • Michelle W
    July 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

    I'm pretty sure that Jamie Lynn's pregnancy was "perect" because she had someone to take care of her irresponsible ass for 9 months. Not to mention, someone to care for her postpartum, and care for her baby round the clock too if she chooses. Boo Hoo, Cry me a freakin' river.