To Dread or Not to Dread? That is the Question.  

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm sure all you baby-less ladies out there have at one time or another heard the dreaded question... "So when are you going to start a family." Whether it's mom, Aunt Milly or an old classmate at your high school reunion... someone always has to bring up the fact that you have yet to join the "mommyhood." For me the questions started about year two of my marriage. At first it didn't bother me... I was able to just laugh it off with comments like "we're still newlyweds". Well three or so years later that comment doesn't work anymore. Even more upsetting than the dreaded question? The dreaded silence. I've noticed at recent family gatherings that people don't even ask anymore... they must figure that I am a lost cause. Little do they know (we're sort of keeping the "trying" a secret for now) if I have my way I will be joining the "mommyhood" in the next year.

What about you? Do you dread the question? Welcome the question? Or like me... have they simply stopped asking?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button