A Mocktail for Mama  

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Maybe you're already preggers, or breastfeeding, or you're like me TTC and starting to "wean" yourself off of the alcoholic drinks. To be honest I'm not much of a drinker anyway... one cocktail and I am done (always a cheap date for the hubby). I do love a nice glass of wine on the weekends but even that I am starting to set aside for water and iced tea. Not wanting to take chances in case I am pregnant and wanting to "wean" myself off of the weekend wine in the mean time.

Now if you're a mama that's craving that fab taste of a freshly made summertime cocktail... I found an article from Yahoo's Shine today that you're gonna wanna read... "Five Great Ideas for Making... Mocktails?" There are five links at the bottom of the article to five recipes for mocktails; Lemon Verbena Soda, Placebo, Lavender Lemonade, Citrus Cream, Lime Rickey.

If it won't shock the guests at your summer BBQ give it a shot! (Figuratively not literally of course). If you decide to try one of the five mocktails, or you've got a recipe of your own... let me know all about it. Write in the comments or email me at thebabymamablog@gmail.com. I'll put your recipe or your reaction in an upcoming post.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


2 comments: to “ A Mocktail for Mama

  • K.R.
    June 22, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

    Very nice blog! I'm stopping by from The Mom Blogs! I'm done with babies. I have four, ranging from 13 all the way down to 20 months and,I'm 38! Thanks for the info on Mocktails as I'm still nursing. BTW, who designed your blog? I love it. God bless!

    Kenyatta
    http://mommyblogs.typepad.com

  • Anonymous
    June 22, 2008 at 11:31 AM  

    Dear Kenyatta,
    Thanks for the comment. I designed my blog... I am in the process of learning web design so I'm having a lot of fun designing it. Thanks for checking it out!

    Take care and enjoy your fab four!

    ~The Baby Mama