"The Baby Borrowers"... Did You Tune In?  

Saturday, June 28, 2008

My DH and I DVR'd the new NBC show The Baby Borrowers and watched it last night. OMG! What a wake up call for those teenagers!? If you haven't heard about the show or missed the season premiere this past Wednesday here's the 411: The Baby Borrowers is a reality TV show in which five teenage couples take on the task of parenting. First for babies, then toddlers, then pre-teens, teenagers and then the elderly. It airs on Wednesday nights on NBC.

My take on the teens after watching the premier episode? What were they thinking? I could not believe how confident they were before those babies showed up. Several of them are admittedly endearing. I was impressed with how well the young men handled things at first... the girls however... I don't think they have any idea what they're in for.

Once the babies arrived some of the couples rose to the challenge while other sank. How 'bout the gal (Alicea) that got frustrated trying to feed baby Carson and said "fine then starve". Woah! She later had the audacity to say that Carson's real mother got upset for no reason!!!

My husband and I are very excited about the prospect of having our own baby... but we're also nervous. We know it isn't going to be easy... which is why we have waited and planned for parenthood. Thank goodness we have realistic expectations about it... unlike these teenagers.

Want to watch a two-minute recap of Wednesday's episode? Click on the video below...


Did you watch the show? What did you think?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button